Monday, April 6, 2009

Recipe for Strawberry Banana Freezer Jam



I purchased this package of Ball Freezer Jam Pectin at Walmart the other day, it was $2.32 and was one of the things that I just could not find a coupon for ~ so if you locate one please send me the link! I usually make a few batches of freezer jam a year. This is the first time I've used this brand, I usually use certo (?in the yellow box) and with the certo you have to boil the mix on the stove -but- with this one there is no cooking involved! So from now on I think I'll be using this brand for my freezer jam. I made it in the morning and that evening we tried it on ritz crackers with PB ~ and it was good :-) There were 2 envelopes in the box, so I've still got one to use.
Strawberry Banana Freezer Jam
In a large bowl mix one package of the freezer jam pectin mix with 1-1/2 cups of sugar.
Mash:
- approximately 1 cup banana
- approximately 3 cups fresh strawberry
I combine these in a measuring cup until I reach four cups - and I mash the strawberries in a food processor (just don't puree too much, you want a few little whole bits)
Add the fruit to the sugar mixture and stir for about 3 minutes, until you can tell the sugar has dissolved.
Ladle the jam into freezer safe containers ~ let jam stand about 30 minutes to thicken. I usually place one container in the fridge - and the others will keep in the freezer for up to one year. Makes approx 45 oz.
-
This recipe is linked to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam Tasty Tuesday - click here - for lots of cooking inspiration :-)


No comments: