Sunday, April 19, 2009

Albertsons ~ Great Deals ... and a few things that went wrong :-(

Just got back from a quick trip to Albertsons to work on using some of those double coupons they had in today's paper & here's the scenario:

1st order:

$4.00 for 2 Quaker Live Cereals
$6.00 for 2 Trop 50 Orange Juices
$5.00 for 2 Quaker Granola Bars
This comes to $15 even - and these were participating products for the current special they have going on so I received an instant $3 off ... so I'm at $12.00

then I used $1.00 off coupons for all of these items (a total of $6) ... which brings me to $6.00 ... right now they will double 3 of these coupons, so another -$3.00 which equals $3.00 + tax ... paid with the catalina that I got from the refried bean deal the other day and this brought my bill to 54cents!

This is what went wrong :-(
I've done 2 separate orders in a row at this particular Albertsons before ~ but today, they said that could not be done. I did forget to look for more refried beans (I remembered this while standing in line, but didn't want to go back at that particular point) so I asked if I went back to look for what I had forgotten if I could come through again ~ they did say yes. They did mention that they had problems early this morning with people trying to steal the coupons & double coupons out of the newspaper they had in the store (how totally sad!), so I'm sure the store was frustrated with that situation already ... but these two cashiers are always very, very nice and helpful ~ and I went to grab my refried beans and came back to pay for my 2nd order. The reason that I am mentioning all this is for: 1) because I wasn't expecting this I missed the catalina that was supposed to print for my free Tropicana OJ ~ I was in the Tropicana Juice Club :-) and after you purchase 4 a catalina for 1 free should print ... so hopefully the person who was behind my order appreciates their free OJ ! because that is who probably got it - and reason 2) that it doesn't catch you by surprise. I have 15 double coupons to use in all (all of which I obtained by legit methods!) ~ and since only 3 can be used per order I usually do 2 back-to-back transactions ... I received 5 newspapers this morning by newspaper delivery ... and yes, I'm still coming to grips with that myself ... and that some of you might think I need professional help, I'm still not totally out-of-the-closet with my obsession, as you can tell I've buried this deep within this post ... thinking lots of my family and friends might not read this far and I've kept my secret hidden :-) But if your feeling a slight bit of envy (over all those coupons & doublers I have), just send me an e-mail and I'll let you know who you can contact to receive a good deal and get this many papers on your own ... and I promise I wont tell if you don't want me too!

2nd order:
$5.00 for 2 boxes of Capri Sun
$4.00 for more refried beans
$2.99 for 1 International Coffee Creamer
This comes to $11.99. I used 2 $1.00 coupons for the Capri Sun (in today's paper) & 1 $1.00 coupon (I think last weeks paper) for the coffee creamer - this brings the total to $8.99 minus the $3 for double coupons I'm at $5.99 ~ and I did receive another catalina for $3.00 for the refried beans for my next purchase.
This is what went wrong on this order: 1) the Capri Suns I picked should have been 2 for $4.00 - instead of being 50cents a box they should have been free! On the shelf all except the ones I picked were priced 2 for $5, now I know I could still have picked the wrong ones -or- my other guess is that they really were all 2 for $5 and there was just a pricing mistake ... and I had plans on purchasing them anyways, I just might have picked one of another flavor. 2) I forgot to use one of my catalinas (like a register reward) to pay for the order! But I'll just use those the next time around ... which will be before Tuesday since I've still got 12 double coupons left!

I'm only mentioning all of this because sometimes when there is a change in plan (and even when there is not) things don't add up like they are supposed to! But the deals all-in-all are usually good ... so don't sweat it. I still think I did really well ... I'm not going looking for my free OJ catalina (hopefully someone else will enjoy it) and it's not worth the hassle on the price of the Capri Sun, like I said I would have purchased them anyway at 50cents - they are still a good deal, even though I might try to pay better attention if I buy them again to check what they are ringing up while I'm at the register.

All-in-all ~ Thanks Albertsons for the terrific double coupons ~ and if your one of those nice cashiers - Thank You too :-)

I'll post some pics when I have a chance!

No comments: